Pour La Republique!

Posted on 9:57 AM by Tina

I was getting ready to play a solo test game of my enlarged 'Oasis' game when I realized that I hadn't painted up my French cavalry commander yet. 


Yes, I could have substituted a SYW officer for today but Huzzah! is coming fast and I had collected the bits I was planning to use (Zinnbrigade British Dragoons officer, Elastolin horse) so I stopped to complete the transformation. The face hadn't cast up very cleanly so I had to add a nose. A nose which I then squished while I was trying to do something else, then fixed, then squished again...... and then rubbed off bits of not yet dried paint....finally I had to put the figure down and go away and do something else. It was that sort of day, physical brain coasting while imagination tried to solve a dozen minor issues at once without regard to what the body was doing. 

Anyway, The 2nd nose was the best but...... and the painting is "a bit" sloppy, but he's a toy soldier not a display model and if I take off my reading glasses I can't really see his nose anymore anyway! In the lighting at the Con on a Saturday evening with a battle on the go, he'll do.  

Now the solo test game can go ahead tomorrow, (Saturday).


To be continued.

0 comments:

Post a Comment