The Power of Words

Posted on 5:37 PM by Tina

I recently read on another Sub's blog about having safe words. In fact, I read about this subject quite often. So I have evaluated the need for set of safe words.

As of now, S and I don't have any designated safe words. The truth is, when I was married to my husband, I had a safe word that I used to remind him that he was frightening me with his horrible temper. It rarely worked, and often gave him power over me to frighten me more. This was not a healthy relationship in any way, nor was it designed to be a D/s relationship.

But with S, I have truly never felt unsafe. Actually, I have never felt safer! I know he has my best interests at heart, and he would never, ever harm me. He just isn't that kind of man. We have discussed the inflicting of pain, and neither one of us are interested in that type of relationship. That, coupled with the enormous trust I have in my loving Dom, presents an opportunity to truly place myself in his hands, completely. This has freed my spirit to soar, and to be natural and open with him about everything. I make every attempt to overcome my own baggage and tell him everything as it arises in my mind, thus helping me to understand myself better daily.

I truly understand the need for safe words in the D/s relationship, as all relationships are not the same. But for me, now, I don't want a safe word.

I am a writer, and words are my craft. Having spent my life loving words has taught me the power of every word that is written and spoken. My wish now is that my words are free, to carry the message of my spirit out to the world, with no need for a place to hide ever again. In the arms of my Dom, I am safe; so I needn't be hidden by a word.

0 comments:

Post a Comment