Meeting My Dom

Posted on 4:29 AM by Tina

When he walked into the coffee shop for the first time, I felt his electricity. Within 5 minutes of meeting him, after exchanging very few emails over a 2 1/2 year period, I confessed my attraction for him. This would have been fine except for three important points.
1. I was married.
2. He was married.
3. This was a meeting to discuss employment, not anything personal.
Yet I found myself compelled to sit as close as I could get and feel his electricity. S is very quiet, as most everyone who has met him will attest to. He thinks about everything that is said, and evaluates it, before responding. On this day of our first meeting I hung on his every word as if I were hanging on a cliff about to plunge to my death.
I am a writer. I wanted to expand my experience base in writing, so in 2008 I approached a local blogger via email to ask if I could blog on his site about our very small city. A short, succinct email was my reply, outlining very little. Writing for the blog for a year, I received no response. After the one year period, I emailed S again asking if he was pleased with my work. He simply replied yes, and thanks. I wrote another year on just that praise.
The pattern was set before I laid eyes upon him, and before he laid hands upon me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment